Okay! How cute ate these?? The mini cakes are spiced with cardamom and cinnamon. Topped with a raspberry icing – delicious! Makes a perfect festive Valentine’s Day dessert.Print
Perfectly spiced pound cake with sweer-tart icing
For the cakes:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tbsp cinammon
- 3/4 tbsp cardamom
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 pint raspberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar (powdered), sifted
What you need:
- Greased mini bundt pan (link to buy the same one I used)
- Hand mixer
- Mixing bowl and spatula
- Cooling rack
- Blender (my go to blender)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Continuing to mix, add eggs slowly. Then add sour cream, vanilla extract, and cinnamon & cardamom.
- Continuing to mix, slowly add in flour. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Carefully spoon batter in to bundt pan until about 3/4 full. Wipe edges of pan down.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until golden and spring back at the touch.
- Carefully invert the pan on to cooling rack.
- Spoon second batch in to pan and bake again. Invert and cool.
- While your cakes cool: in a blender, blend raspberries until liquid. Transfer to a small bowl and mix in powdered sugar.
- Once cakes are cooled, drizzle with raspberry icing. Enjoy!
Sour cream keeps the cake moist, the way a pound cake ought to be.