Capture the flavors of late summer with this Melon Prosciutto Arugula Salad. This melon prosciutto arugula salad is made with fresh cantaloupe, arugula, cucumbers, basil, fennel fronds, shallot and a bit of prosciutto and olives.
This melon prosciutto salad comes together very quickly and makes the perfect side dish or main meal. Capture the flavors of late summer with the marriage of melon, basil, cucumber and fennel. It’s salty, sweet and bitter!
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 package prosciutto
- 2 large handfuls arugula
- 1 cup sliced cucamelons or cucumbers
- 1 shallot sliced finely
- 1/3 cup basil torn or chopped
- Handful fennel fronds loosely torn
- 12 kalamata olives sliced in half lengthwise
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Red pepper flakes
- Begin by cutting melon in half and scooping out the seeds. Cut in to wedges. Carefully remove melon from rind with a knife. Wrap each wedge with a slice of prosciutto.
- In a large serving bowl or platter, place handfuls of arugula. Place prosciutto wrapped melon on arugula.
- Sprinkle remaining items atop salad – cucamelons, shallot, basil, fennel fronds and kalamata olives.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and red pepper flakes to taste – be cautious since the olives and prosciutto add quite a bit of salt already!
Keywords: Easy, summer, salad, healthy, melon, cucumber, olive, basil, refreshing, quick