- olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 cup peas, shelled & blanched
- 1 cup fava beans, shelled & blanched
- handful of basil, chiffonade
- two green onions finely sliced
- balsamic vinegar
- block of parmesan
- Cut baguette in to 1-1/2 inch slices. Lightly brush olive oil on to slices. Toast in toaster oven to desired crispness.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan reduce balsamic vinegar on low heat. Start with about a 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar and let it reach a simmer. Remove from heat and let cool.
- With a mortar and pestle, lightly smash together: peas, fava beans, basil, green onions, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. You still want the peas and favas to somewhat maintain their shape. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange toasts on a plate. Using a small spoon, serve pea and fava mash on toast.
- Using a potato peeler, shave parmesan on to toasts.
- With a small spoon, lightly drizzle balsamic vinegar reduction on top of toasts.